How to show a leading 0 in a cell.

Old February 19th 05, 06:19 PM
PAtty

Default How to show a leading 0 in a cell.

I can't remember the tip of how to show a leading zero in a cell. For
instance a zip code of 01234. I know there's a key you can hit and the zero
will show and not disappear when you go to the next cell.

Anyone know it?
Old February 19th 05, 06:46 PM
Don Guillett

use text or ' before puttin in or format as 00000000000 (as many as you want
to show)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

Old February 20th 05, 01:03 AM
Gord Dibben

Patty

Precede the 01234 with an apostrophe which won't show in the cell but will
retain the 0.

Note, this will be a text value, not a real number for the purposes of
arithmetical calculations.

If you need 01234 for show and 1234 as a number, custon format to 00000.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP