using column 1 as x-axis data

Old April 15th 07, 02:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Guillermo3535

Default using column 1 as x-axis data

How do I tell excel 2007 to use the 1st column, "A", of my selected data
range as the x-axis data for a chart.
Old April 15th 07, 03:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Del Cotter

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Guillermo3535 > said:
>How do I tell excel 2007 to use the 1st column, "A", of my selected data
>range as the x-axis data for a chart.

Make sure you leave the top of the first column blank when you select
the range for auto chart creation. If you give the first column a title
heading, it will treat it as a data range and not as an x-axis.

You can put a title heading in after you have created the chart.

--
Del Cotter
Old April 15th 07, 05:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

Except if you are making an XY chart.
--
Bernard V Liengme