Cut and paste multiple cells in Excel

Old April 12th 07, 04:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cyndi

Default Cut and paste multiple cells in Excel

Hello,
I using Excel 2003, I want to be able to select cells a2,a4,a6,a8,a10 and so
on, and paste them in b2,b4, b6,b8 and so on, when I cut them I get a
messages saying "The command you choose can't not be performed with multiple
selections". I know at one point someone had shown me away around this, is
this possible.
Thanks
Old April 12th 07, 05:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett

Try this macro where col a is 1
Sub cutnoncontingent()
For i = 1 To 10 Step 2
Cells(i,1).Cut Cells(i,2i)
Next i
End Sub

Old April 12th 07, 07:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
M.Rafat

Hi
Would you please explain more in details and in step by step example ?
I have same question .
Thanks in advance.

Old April 17th 07, 12:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bruce Sinclair

In article >, "Don Guillett" > wrote:
>Try this macro where col a is 1
>Sub cutnoncontingent()
>For i = 1 To 10 Step 2
>Cells(i,1).Cut Cells(i,2i)
>Next i
>End Sub
>
>"cyndi" > wrote in message
>> Hello,
>> I using Excel 2003, I want to be able to select cells a2,a4,a6,a8,a10 and
>> so
>> on, and paste them in b2,b4, b6,b8 and so on, when I cut them I get a
>> messages saying "The command you choose can't not be performed with
>> multiple
>> selections". I know at one point someone had shown me away around this,
>> is
>> this possible.

I think that you could do this with a 'helper' column ... say in column c.
1
2
1
2
... etc

Then turn on autofilter, select 2, copy and paste.

HTH

Old April 18th 07, 11:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
challa prabhu

Hi,

Since, you have alternate rows of values in the same column, click column
"A" heading, and then press the Ctrl key and drag it to cloumn "B". It is
simple.

Challa Prabhu

Old April 18th 07, 01:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph[_2_]

But won't that also copy A1, A3, A5, A7, A9, etc., which (by implication)
the OP did not want to copy across?
--
David Biddulph

Old April 18th 07, 02:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
challa prabhu

Hi,

The earlier solution was incorrect. Thanks David Biddulph I apologize for
that post.

Answer. This solution works fine.

What you can do is Press the Ctrl key and select all the cells you want to
copy. Now copy and paste it in the word document. Copy those cells again
from the Microsoft Word document back to Excel to the right of the first cell
you selected in Excel befor copying to Word.

Challa Prabhu