using VLookup with two variables to get results

Old March 28th 07, 07:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Scott@CW

Default using VLookup with two variables to get results

I have a worksheet that is completely formula driven. It pulls all its data
from a worksheet within the same workbook. The worksheet is operated by two
data valadation lists. I need to see if I can use a Vlookup or something to
pull a comment box from one worksheet, depending on the information from the
two data valadation boxes. I was using the below formula when there was just
one variable. Please help.

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(C5,DATA!B1:R1999,17,FALSE)),"N o

the other list is in C6
Old March 28th 07, 07:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F

VLOOKUP operates on one matched value.

Maybe something like
=IF(ISNUMBER(AND(MATCH(C6,DATA!B1:R1999,0),MATCH(C 5,DATA!B1:R1999,0))),"MATCH","NOT MATCHED")

??

Dave

Old March 28th 07, 07:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Scott@CW

C5 is storing a date list (JAN07, FEB07,MAR07)
C6 is storing a list of names

What i need is for it to match the values of c5 and c6 then go over 17
columns and give me the contents of column "R" for the match.