How can I add borders inside a cell?

Old March 21st 07, 06:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jagersmann

Default How can I add borders inside a cell?

How can I add borders inside a cell? (Sub-divide a cell with a different
border line type)
Old March 21st 07, 07:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

In a single cell the only sub-division you can have is a diagonal border line.

Note...........this is formatting only and does actually split the cell into
two.

You cannot split a cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:23:13 -0700, jagersmann

Old March 21st 07, 07:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jagersmann

Thanks for the info.
From the formatting dialog box I saw a faded out box for inside borders but
it was inaccessable. I now wonder what that was for.

Old March 21st 07, 08:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tom

The box for inside borders is usable when you select more than one cell for
formatting. It will draw borders between the cells.

Old March 21st 07, 09:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

That's the one!

Thanks for the jump-in Tom.

Never know when I could get back.