finding the median from a list of unsorted numbers

Old March 21st 07, 01:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Christopher Buxton

Default finding the median from a list of unsorted numbers

My data has a column of numbers which are unsorted. The data is updated on a
regular basis so physically sorting in ascending order is not possible.

I need excel to some how automatically sort the numbers into ascending
order, count the total number of numbers and find the median value. if the
total number of values is an even number i need it to add the middle two
values and divide by 2 inorder to find the median.

Is this possible? If so how would you go about doing it as I'm really stuck
with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Chris
Old March 21st 07, 01:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bpeltzer

How about =median(a1:a100) ?

Old March 21st 07, 01:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph[_2_]

Why not =MEDIAN(A1:A99) ?
--
David Biddulph