How to calculate return on a open-ended mutual fund?

Old March 7th 07, 09:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kundan

Default How to calculate return on a open-ended mutual fund?

I want to know how to calculate return on an open-ended mutual fund where
investor can invest at different points of time at different NAV and offload
the investment at a certain NAV.
Old March 7th 07, 12:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith

You want XIRR.

Build a table of your cash flows and their dates, then feed this to XIRR.

Fred