Complex Pivot Table

Old March 1st 07, 01:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sukh

Default Complex Pivot Table

Dear All,

I have a spreadsheet with information about learners and employees. What
the sheet does is tell me when learners left and when they started, amongst
ther information. At the moment all I do is create about 15 different pivot
tables so taht management have drill down information, with each table
summarising employees and the number of leavers, employees with their number
of starts etc. However, I was hoping to create a single pivot table with all
the data in it i require ( it should look like the diagram below), but I am
at a bit of a loss as to how to do that.

Starts Leavers
Employee1 4 5
Employee2 1 6
Employee3 7 1
Old March 1st 07, 08:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

If you provide some information about your source data, or what
difficulty you're having in creating a single pivot table, someone may
be able to help.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Old March 2nd 07, 10:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sukh

Dear All,

What I have is a Spreadsheet which is downloaded off our main database. The
function of the spreasheet is to determine how successful our employees are
at delivering training. I then create various columns which use formula's to
calculate whether the trainee has left, achieved or started within a
particular academic year. This information is presented in a table which
uses array formula's, however this information cannot be drilled down to the
individual trainees.

What I wanted to do is replicate the array table as a pivot table, but I am
having difficulties doing this. Basically I want the pivot table to treat
the columns seperately.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Old March 2nd 07, 02:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

If you include all the columns in the source table, and your calculated
columns, in the pivot table source data, the pivot table would create a
field for each column. What do you mean by "I want the pivot table to
treat the columns separately"?
If you want help, provide details about what difficulties you're having.