How do widen columns in a column chart?

Old February 8th 07, 06:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ITMasterA

Default How do widen columns in a column chart?

I tried the other suggestions posted, but it still doesn't work. I have 5
columns that are pretty narrow and I would like to have them 3x wider with a
very small gap in between the columns. I put the x-axsis to category, but I
still can't widen the columns. I am not sure if the chart being copied from
PowerPoint would make a difference.

Thanks
Old February 8th 07, 06:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tushar Mehta

"ITMasterA" wrote:

> I tried the other suggestions posted, but it still doesn't work. I have 5
> columns that are pretty narrow and I would like to have them 3x wider with a
> very small gap in between the columns. I put the x-axsis to category, but I
> still can't widen the columns. I am not sure if the chart being copied from
> PowerPoint would make a difference.
>
> Thanks

What other suggestions? It might help if you continued in whatever earlier
discussion you are refering to.
--

Tushar Mehta
http://www.tushar-mehta.com

Old February 8th 07, 06:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ITMasterA

Double click column and adjust the GapWidth property on the series
option tab.

Also check the categroy axis is not being plotted as true dates as this
will leave big gaps between non consectutive dates.
Right click chart and choose Chart Options. On Axis tab set x axis to
Category.

Old February 10th 07, 05:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tushar Mehta

If you've already gone through the list you included and the columns do not
change size then XL sees more data points on the x-axis than you meant to
have. Check the data set. Do you have blank rows in between the rows
containing the actual data? Or rows where the column containing the x-values
is not blank but that containing the y-values is.