How can I get my spreadsheets to open faster?

Old February 7th 07, 01:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Johnnie

Default How can I get my spreadsheets to open faster?

When I click my excel icon the hour glass just sits there for a long time
before the spreadsheet opens. It didn't do that before.
Old February 7th 07, 02:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

How long is a long time? 10 seconds or 3 minutes?

"before" what?

A windows update?

Before your TIF and Temp folders got full of crap?

Before you checked six more add-ins to load?

See Chip Pearson's site for troubleshooting startup, not just startup errors,
but slow starts as well.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Old February 7th 07, 08:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Charles Williams

You can find some reasons for slow open and close at
http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeedd.htm#OpSave

and also at David McRitchie's site
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm

Charles
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.3 now available
Name Manager 4.0 now available
www.DecisionModels.com

Old February 7th 07, 03:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Johnnie

The icon sits there for about 3 minutes, then the spreadsheet appears. When
I save changes to a spreadsheet it also takes about three minutes to
complete. How can I get it to respond faster like it used to do?