Different column widths within one worksheet

Old February 6th 07, 09:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
saramac24

Default Different column widths within one worksheet

I'm wondering if there is a way to have two different column widths in one
worksheet. We have two groups of data that need to be seperated differently
for formatting reasons, but that need to be displayed on the same page. Is
there a way to accomplish this?
Old February 6th 07, 09:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin

Hi saramac24

If you want to do this for viewing or printing see
http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#non-contiguous

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

Old February 6th 07, 09:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F

Adjust the width of the relevant column. Move the cursor to the vertical
line between, say, A & B, click and drag to adjust the width of column A.
Repeat as necessary.

Old February 6th 07, 09:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lauren Giles

Well, it is possible to have different column widths, but not in the same
column. Is that what you're asking?

Old February 8th 07, 02:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
saramac24

Sorry. Yes that is what i meant. My boss wanted me to have the same column
two different widths in 2 differnet sets of rows. I didn't think it was
possible, but told her that I'd post to be sure.

Thank you all for your responses.