Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default wind rose in excel

I would like to create a wind rose in excel.

If anyone can help me, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Damien
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Ed Ferrero has a Wind rose example.
http://www.edferrero.com/Charting.aspx

Cheers
Andy

Damien wrote:
I would like to create a wind rose in excel.

If anyone can help me, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Damien

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Damien said:

I would like to create a wind rose in excel.

What do you mean by "a wind rose"? The people here may know everything
about Excel, but they don't know everything about everything. It's no
good just naming some concept that may be completely obscure to anyone
outside your field.

If you're just looking for a display of arrows showing the wind
direction, Ed Ferrero has something on his web site

http://www.edferrero.com/charting.aspx

But if you mean a graph of wind direction and speed averaged over a time
period, as used in discussions of wind power, as in

http://www.windpower.org/en/tour/wres/rose.htm

Then I think you need to find an Excel implementation of the "coxcomb
graph", an early relative of the pie graph invented by Florence
Nightingale,

http://www.math.yorku.ca/SCS/Gallery/historical.html

and adapt that somehow.

--