Chart Start and End Dates ~

Old January 22nd 07, 09:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Craig

Default Chart Start and End Dates ~

I would like to visually chart start and end lease dates.

Sample Data:

Company Start End
A 1/1/2006 12/31/2010
B 5/1/2007 4/30/2008
C 9/1/2006 8/31/2013

Result:
I would like a bar or similar representation and don't necessarily need the
specific dates as show but supply them as a reference.
A 1/1/2006------------------------12/31/2010
B 5/1/2007---------------4/30/2008
C 9/1/2007--------------------------------------8/31/2013

--
Thanks!

Craig

Old January 22nd 07, 11:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tushar Mehta

In article >,
says...
> I would like to visually chart start and end lease dates.
>
> Sample Data:
>
> Company Start End
> A 1/1/2006 12/31/2010
> B 5/1/2007 4/30/2008
> C 9/1/2006 8/31/2013
>
> Result:
> I would like a bar or similar representation and don't necessarily need the
> specific dates as show but supply them as a reference.
> A 1/1/2006------------------------12/31/2010
> B 5/1/2007---------------4/30/2008
> C 9/1/2007--------------------------------------8/31/2013

Suppose your data are in A1:C{n}.

In D1 enter =A1; copy as far down D as you have data.

In E1 enter =B2; copy as far down E as you have data. Also copy E1 to F1.

In F2 enter =C2-D2. Copy as far down F as you have data.

Plot D:E in a Bar chart (horizontal bars) subtype stacked.

Double-click the horizontal axis. From the Scale tab, set the minimum to
1/1/2006 (if you enter it as a date XL will convert it to a number it
understands).

Double-click the first (left-most) series. From the Patterns tab set the
Area and Line to None.

Format the rest for aesthetic appeal.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com