make multiple copies of a sheet in a new workbook

Old February 11th 05, 03:27 PM
galeanne

Default make multiple copies of a sheet in a new workbook

I am using excel 2003 and I need to make 29 copies of one sheet form a
workbook to another all at once. Does anyone know of a way to do that?
Old February 11th 05, 05:35 PM
Gord Dibben

gale

Select the sheet then right-click on tab and "Move or Copy"

Check the "create a copy" button and in "to book:" select New Book.

Now you have one copy in a new book.

To make 28 more run this macro.

Sub SheetCopy22()
Dim i As Long
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
howmany = InputBox("Copy Active Sheet How Many Times?")
For i = 1 To howmany
ActiveSheet.Copy Befo=Sheets(1)
Next i
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 07:27:05 -0800, "galeanne"

Old February 12th 05, 05:21 PM
JulieD

Hi

not quite all at once without using code ..
but one way to get to what you want reasonably fast would be:
with the workbook that you want to copy the sheet from open (let's call it
book 1) choose tools / options / general and set sheets in new workbook to
28
now choose file / new and open a new workbook with the 28 sheets (book 2) -
(or whatever you want)

now from the window menu switch back to book 1
right mouse click on the sheet that you want to copy to the new book
choose
move or copy sheet
tick the
create a copy check box (v.important)
from the drop down list choose Book 2
choose to copy it before all other sheets
click OK

- you will be automatically switched to book 2 with the sheet copied in.
now you need to select all the sheets in the workbook - the "copied in"
sheet should be in front of you and on the left of all other sheet tabs,
click on its sheet tab and then click on the little arrow (bottom left of
screen) that takes you to the last worksheet - hold down the shift key &
click on the last worksheet
you should see all the sheet tabs turn white (let the shift key go)
now select all the cells on the sheet that you can see (should still be the
"copied in" sheet)
then choose from the menu
edit / fill / across worksheets
all
Ok
and you should now have 29 copies of the same thing,

Don't forget to ungroup the sheets, by right mouse clicking on a sheet tab
and choosing ungroup sheets.

Cheers
JulieD

Old February 12th 05, 07:59 PM
Gord Dibben

Sub DupSheet()
Dim Counter As Integer
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Counter = 1 To 28
ActiveSheet.Copy , Worksheets(ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count)
ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet" & Counter + 1 ''Modify as needed
Next
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP