Changing column order in pivot table

Old January 17th 07, 07:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kleivakat

Default Changing column order in pivot table

Is there a way to change the order of a column in a pivot table? What about
rows? If I have a couple of tiers of information, and I want "Special" to
show before "General", is there a way to change that? Thanks for any info.

KK
Old January 17th 07, 08:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sean Timmons

click in the column
Data->Sort
sounds liek you want descending, so check that radio button.

Old January 17th 07, 08:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kleivakat

Thanks. I found the radio buttons. But if I want to keep it on manual since
sometimes is not ascending or descending, how do I drop and drag the columns.
I've tried clicking on them in the column heading in the pivot table, but
they don't move.

Old January 18th 07, 01:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

Select the cell that contains the column heading, e.g. Special
Point to the cell's border, and when the pointer changes to a
four-headed arrow, drag the heading to a new position

OR
Right-click on a heading cell, and in the popup menu, choose Order, then
one of the Move options

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures