Choosing the Larger of Two Numbers

Old January 15th 07, 03:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
timfear

Default Choosing the Larger of Two Numbers

I am trying to write a formula that will allow me to choose the larger of two
values and only include that value (the larger one) in the calculation. For
example, B2 is 100 and C2 is 39. I would like the formula to only consider
b2 in the overall formula(consisting of other values in the spreadsheet. Is
this possible?

Thanks,
Old January 15th 07, 04:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PMC1

Use the MAX function

using your example below you could have a formula somthing like
A1*MAX(B2:C2)

Regards

Paul

Old January 15th 07, 04:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
timfear

Excelent! Thank you very much.

Old January 15th 07, 04:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph

=MAX(B2,C2) ?
--
David Biddulph