Format millions in thousands with comma

Old January 8th 07, 03:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Todd

Default Format millions in thousands with comma

I currently have the number (in general format)
20307710.83
but I want it to be
$20,308

I am currently using this as my format
_($* #,_);_($* (#,);_($* "-"??_);_(@_)
but that only results in
$20308

How do I add the comma?
Thanks in advance.

Old January 8th 07, 04:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

_($* #,##0,_);_($* (#,##0,);_($* "-"??_);_(@_)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

Old January 8th 07, 04:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR

In place of
#,
Use