copy middle digits from one cell into another

Old January 3rd 07, 09:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sharon R

Default copy middle digits from one cell into another

I need to copy the middle digits of a number into another cell. i.e. if the
number were skl233ks03za, in cell A1, then I would need to copy only 33ks0
into cell D1. Does anyone know how to do this?
Old January 3rd 07, 09:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

What's the rule behind it, is it always starting with the 5th character
and is it always 5 characters long? If so

=MID(A1,5,5)

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom