How do I type negative money in excel?

Old January 3rd 07, 08:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ugly Betty

Default How do I type negative money in excel?

When I download my bank statements, the withdrawals are negative numbers.
Howcan I make entries like that?
Old January 3rd 07, 08:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Farry

Does it get downloaded in excel. If so make sure that cell formatting
is General.
Check and see if it works

Old January 3rd 07, 09:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Type a minus sign before you type the number

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

Old January 3rd 07, 09:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sean Timmons

To make negative entries, just type - before the number. If yu format as
Currency, you can also automatically show the negative cells in red or with
parentheses.