Open new instance of excel every time I click file

Old December 28th 06, 10:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
VIPGeorge

Default Open new instance of excel every time I click file

I have Excel 2003. I want Excel to open a new session of Excel when I click
on an Excel file every time instead of it opening into the current session of
excel. How can I set this?
Old December 28th 06, 10:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Elkar

Try this:

Open Windows Explorer
Select "Tools"
Select "Folder Options"
Select the "File Types" Tab
Scroll down to find and select the XLS extension
Click the "Advanced" Button
Select the "Open" action from the list
Click the "Edit..." Button
Where is says "Application used to perform action:"
If not already there, add:

/e "%1"

to the end of the file path
Uncheck the "Use DDE" box
Click OK
Click OK
Click Close

That should do it.

HTH,
Elkar

Old December 28th 06, 11:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier

Tools menu > Options > General tab
Check the Ignore Other Applications checkbox.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

Old December 28th 06, 11:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sean Timmons

Tools->Options->View->Windows in Taskbar

Old February 15th 07, 09:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dale Fye

Jon,

I've seen a lot of other responses, but this is the only one that actually
did what I needed. Thanks.
--
Email address is not valid.
Please reply to newsgroup only.

Old August 16th 12, 07:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dne čtvrtek, 15. února 2007 21:17:10 UTC+1 Dale Fye napsal(a):
> Jon,
>
> I've seen a lot of other responses, but this is the only one that actually
> did what I needed. Thanks.
> --
> Email address is not valid.
> Please reply to newsgroup only.
>

> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>
> > Tools menu > Options > General tab
> > Check the Ignore Other Applications checkbox.
> >
> > - Jon
> > -------
> > Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> > Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> > http://PeltierTech.com
> > _______
> >

> > "VIPGeorge" > wrote in message
> > >I have Excel 2003. I want Excel to open a new session of Excel when I click
> > > on an Excel file every time instead of it opening into the current session
> > > of
> > > excel. How can I set this?

and what to do when i have compatibility plugin? it wont work then...