Creating an offline OLAP cube

Old December 4th 04, 04:41 PM
learningdba

Default Creating an offline OLAP cube

HELP! So I try to create an offline OLAP cube using the New Database Query
dialog with its options. When I go to select a data source, it only gives me
the option of ODBC cataloged databases (I am trying to get to DB2).
Interestingly enough, when I just use Import Data it gives the the OLE DB
route. Anyway. So I get the data and I can see it, but when I select the
option to build an OLAP cube it crashes and gives me "Format of the
initialization string does not conform to the OLE DB specification" and
crashes the OLAP building part (well errors) but will return the data. Now,
the New Database Query uses ODBC from what I can tell then it seems to pass
to the cube builder via OLE DB and this is where it falls apart? Hooking this
data in SQL Server works fine - -but that is not an option for my team. Help?