How do I write a superindex in excel? (e.g. for square meter m2)

Old December 7th 06, 09:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
gleba

Default How do I write a superindex in excel? (e.g. for square meter m2)

How do I write a superindex in excel? (e.g. for square meter m2) Thank you
Old December 7th 06, 11:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

ALT + 0178(on the numpad) will give after you type the m

If you have a great lot of these to do just go into Format>Cells>Number>Custom
and in the dialog box enter 0"m" then hit ALT + 0178 and OK

Or run this macro on your selected numbers.

Sub sq_Meters()
Selection.NumberFormat = "0"" m" & Chr(178) & """"
'0179 for cubic meters
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Old December 8th 06, 12:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rookie 1st class

Default How do I write a superindex in excel? (e.g. for square meter m

² = ALT(253) on my keyboard ▓ = ALT(178). Really getting confused by ALT
character lookups! Can someone shed some light?
Lou

Old December 8th 06, 01:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

When you enter character codes on the numeric keypad, they should be four
digits long, including leading 0s. ALT+178 is NOT the same as ALT+0178.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

Old December 11th 06, 01:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rookie 1st class

Thanks Dave. Good day anytime I learn something new. That is what I get for
referancing an old DOS Manual.
Lou