How to add amounts from different worksheets to one single worksh.

Old February 5th 05, 03:57 PM
cgw

Default How to add amounts from different worksheets to one single worksh.

Just want to know, am new at this multi worksheet
Old February 5th 05, 04:02 PM
JulieD

Hi

if the values are all in the same cell then something along the lines of
=sum(Sheet2:Sheet5!A1)
where you want to add cell A1 from sheet2, sheet3, sheet4 and sheet5

or
=Sheet2!A1+Sheet3!B1
where you want to add just these two cells

BTW you don't need to type very - just
click in the cell where you want the answer and type a
=
then click on the first sheet that you want to add and click on the relevant
cell it will appear in the formula, then type a
+
then click on the sheet tab of the next sheet you want to include and click
on the relevant cell - continue until all included then press ENTER

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

Old February 5th 05, 04:33 PM
cgw

Doesn't work, maybe because I have renamed all the worksheets. I am trying
to set up an inventory, each sheets has a different product, last sheet I am
trying to set up as the summary of all ??

Old February 5th 05, 04:39 PM
JulieD

Just subsitute your sheet names for where i've got mine - if your sheet
names have spaces in them you'll need to enclose them in single quotes

e.g.
=SUM('Product 1':'Product 101'!A1)

Cheers
JulieD

Old February 5th 05, 04:45 PM
JulieD

Sorry

that should be
> =SUM('Product 1:Product 101'!A1)

Cheers
JulieD

Old February 5th 05, 05:13 PM
cgw

Still not working, gives me a name error. Shows this:
=sum('clarion 5023':'clairion 5028'!J3)
BUT when I press enter, #NAME?

Is there a way to just copy the total from each worksheet (so that it
changes automatically, with inventory) and then just sum the summary page ?

Old February 5th 05, 05:21 PM
RagDyeR

Just to add:

The sheet tabs *must* be *physically* in between the first and last sheet as
entered in the formula, as displayed in the workbook scroll bar.

See if this old post better describes it:

http://tinyurl.com/6gujb

RD

"JulieD" > wrote in message
Sorry

that should be
> =SUM('Product 1:Product 101'!A1)

Cheers
JulieD

Old February 5th 05, 05:48 PM
RagDyeR

Don't know what time it is in Australia where Julie is, perhaps it's nap
time down there.

But, your formula has a couple of *extra* apostrophes in it.

Try this:

=sum('clarion 5023:clairion 5028'!J3)

And if this doesn't return the correct answer, you could check out the link
I posted in my last message that describes *where* the sheets must reside
within the workbook itself, in relation to the actual formula.
--

HTH,

RD

Old February 5th 05, 05:51 PM
cgw

Kept fiddling with the formula you gave me... EUREKA !! it works. Thank you
for saving my sanity. All is good now !

Old February 5th 05, 05:53 PM
JulieD

okay RD so it's nearly 2am ...but that's not the reason for the extra '' in
my formula - it is the fact that i NEVER put spaces in my sheet names (or
try never to anyway) so i'm not used to writing formulas with them in - and
of course, after sending the reply i though i better go test it