Cells with wrapped text won't auto-adjust row height correctly

Old October 30th 06, 10:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cells with wrapped text won't auto-adjust row height correctly

I'm using Excel XP, Win XP. One column contains cells with narrative
summaries. The cells are formatted to wrap text, but are not merged.
Some of the row heights will not auto-adjust correcly, whether it's
done using Format | Row | AutoFit or by doubleclicking on the row
borders. It leaves about one row of blank space. The text length is
well under the cell's viewable limit, and it occurs on rows of varying
heights, not exclusively the longer ones. There are no hard returns in
the text, and doing an Alt+Enter to force a break doesn't fix the row
height problem, nor does changing the column width. I've deleted the
other columns, but the problem persists. If I resize the row manually
to make it too short and then autofit, the height returns to what it
was before the resizing, including the blank space. The cells are
general format, bottom aligned vertically and general aligned
horizontally. I can replicate the behavior typing the text in a blank
worksheet. Any ideas?

Old December 12th 06, 01:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AK9955

I have a similar problem. Come on guys help us it's driving me batty

Old December 12th 06, 05:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sumu

I also have the same problem......plzzzzzzzz gys nd gals comeon assist
me