how do I create a tally sheet

Old October 16th 06, 05:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cathi

Default how do I create a tally sheet

I enter cheque information daily into a workbook. Each day is an individual
worksheet. I need to create a report page that will tally each month.

My problem is that each cheque is entered by category (what department was
paid). I need my tally sheet to reflect these totals by category.