murreleteer

Default Excel graph y axis label cut

All my Excel graphs have the y-axis label truncated. I've used Excel for 10+
years and never had this problem but with new Windows XT and Office 2003 I
get this problem with all my graphs. Any solutions??
Jon Peltier

Frustrating, isn't it?

Here's a marginally satisfactory workaround. Append a couple spaces and a period to
your axis title, then format the last character's font character to match the
background. On your screen the dot is truncated, while on another screen without the
issue, the untruncated dot doesn't show due to the formatting.

Other factors: font, font size, zoom, display resolution, perhaps phase of the moon.
If you have one of those fancy monitors that's configured for DVD movies, change the
resolution to a "standard" like 1028 x 768.

I'm trying to help nail this one down. If you can let me know the exact version of
Excel and Windows, what's the screen properties (right click on the desktop,
properties, settings), and email a sample workbook to me (not to the group). You
should be able to figure out the address.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

murreleteer wrote:

All my Excel graphs have the y-axis label truncated. I've used Excel for 10+
years and never had this problem but with new Windows XT and Office 2003 I
get this problem with all my graphs. Any solutions??

ln2_6931

This seems to happen if your display resolution is set to a greater
horizontal to vertical ratio of 4:3. Check to see if this is the case by
setting your display resolution to 800 x 600.

Charts should print correctly, according to other posts.

Displays of greater than 4:3 are found on some wide screen laptops. For
example, I use 1280 x 800 on my Sony VAIO.

I have not found a fix for the higher resolutions.

RF