how to change from dollars to pounds in a balance sheet

Old October 2nd 06, 06:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
SHEARER

Default how to change from dollars to pounds in a balance sheet

i am trying to set up a balance sheet but the currency is set up for dollars
and i want to use pounds,someone said go to format-cells(but cells is not
highlighted so i cannot click on it-they also said click on top lhs and it
would go black-but it does not)
any ideas please?
Old October 2nd 06, 07:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
sjk153

You can change the Currency Icon ($) by doing the following: Go to the
format menu and select Style... Choose Currency from the Style name: dropdown
box; choose the modify button and select English(United Kingdom) from the
Symbol: dropdown box. Select ok. You use the icon the same way....click on
the cell you want to format and then click the Currency Icon ($)

Old October 2nd 06, 07:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
SHEARER

the only thing is that style is not highlighted so i cannot click on it?

Old October 2nd 06, 08:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben

I would suggest that you worksheet is protected if you cannot access these
features like Format>Cells and Format>Style

Go to Tools>Protection and see if "Unprotect sheet" is available.

You may have to supply a password.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Old October 3rd 06, 10:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
SHEARER

Thank you it was protected and all ok now.

Old October 3rd 06, 04:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben

Good to hear.

Thanks for the feedback.

Gord

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 02:50:01 -0700, SHEARER >
wrote:

>Thank you it was protected and all ok now.
>
>"Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> I would suggest that you worksheet is protected if you cannot access these
>> features like Format>Cells and Format>Style
>>
>> Go to Tools>Protection and see if "Unprotect sheet" is available.
>>
>> You may have to supply a password.
>>

>> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
>>
>> On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 11:13:02 -0700, SHEARER >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >the only thing is that style is not highlighted so i cannot click on it?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP