HOW DO I CHANGE A FORMULA INTO AN ABSOLUTE NUMBER?

Old September 28th 06, 08:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sylviane

Default HOW DO I CHANGE A FORMULA INTO AN ABSOLUTE NUMBER?

how do I change a formula into an absollute number, so I can delete the
column where the number is.

I have a column in euros, a formula in another column to change it to
dollars.

I want the dollars column to be a number.

Thank you.
Old September 28th 06, 09:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul B

Sylviane, copy the cells and paste special valves
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

Old September 29th 06, 06:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vikas Kumar

Hi sylviane
Select the cell which contains formula. then follow the steps below:

1. "COPY"(ctrl+c) the cell/cells
2. "Right" click(mouse button) being active/selected in the same cell/cells
3. Select the "Paste Special"
4. select the option "Value/Values" from the option box.
5. "OK"

Hoping this could help you to avoide #REF/#N/A kind of errores.

Regards
Vikas Kumar