consolidate data using 3d function AND indirect

Old September 28th 06, 04:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Breitenbach

Default consolidate data using 3d function AND indirect

I'm trying to consolidate cell "u1" across multiple tabs using the SUM
function.
The following works for me:

=SUM('tab 1:tab 2'!U1) [resulting in 2 if both u1's are 1]

I know the name of the first tab but the name of the last tab I want to be
determined using the indirect function which will refer to a cell which has
the name of the last tab in it. I've tried the following:

=SUM(INDIRECT("'tab 1:"&$T$5&"'!U1"))

where t5 equals "tab 2", but I get the #REF! error.

Any help wuold be greatly appreciated.

tia,
Dave
Old September 28th 06, 07:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
excelent

well Dave i tryed realy hard but no luck, cant figure that one out
but i got another solution from mr.bak i think u would find ok

1. Make a new sheet - name it First - move to leftmost and hide it
2. Make a new sheet - name it Last - move to rightmost and hide it
(all new sheet should be inserted betwin those 2 automatic )

now u can get a sum of all or som of the sheets like

SUM(First:Last!u1) - gives all sheets u1's
SUM(sheet3:Last!u1) - gives all value from sheet3 to last
SUM(First:sheet2!u1) - gives all values from first to sheet2

pm.