Copy Tab function not working

Old September 27th 06, 04:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Curt

Default Copy Tab function not working

For some reason, the copy tab function is not working for me. I can move
Tabs, but when I highlight the tab(s) and select "copy", nothing happens.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
Old September 27th 06, 07:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph

"Curt" > wrote in message
> For some reason, the copy tab function is not working for me. I can move
> Tabs, but when I highlight the tab(s) and select "copy", nothing happens.
>
> Suggestions?

If you've clicked on a worksheet's tab & selected "copy", then it should
have placed a copy of the currently selected cell or cells from that
worksheet into the clipboard, from which you can paste into another
worksheet (or elsewhere on that worksheet, or into another Windows
application). [You'll get an animated moving border around the cells that
have been copied, & you can clear that with the Escape key.] That's what
"copy" does, so I'm not quite sure what you mean by "nothing happens".

If you want to copy the whole worksheet, then the function you want is "Move
or Copy Sheet" (from the Edit menu, or by right-clicking the worksheet tab).

Did you try putting "copy tab" into Excel's help?
--
David Biddulph

Old September 27th 06, 07:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Curt

David,

Sorry for the confusion....let me restate the question. I am attempting to
copy a worksheet (elsewhere in the current workbook or to another). I right
click on the tab name, select "move or copy" then click on the "create a
copy" box and select the destination. When I click "ok", the copy is not
created. If I do not select the "create a copy" box, then the tab is moved
to the destination properly. This is a function I have used countless times
in the past, so I am wondering if anyone has seen a glitch like this and if
so, do they have a solution (other than re-installing Excel).

Thanks for your response.
Curt

Old September 27th 06, 09:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Nothing happens?

No error message?

If the workbook is shared you can move sheet tabs by dragging or right-click and
move, but cannot "create a copy".

You will get a message stating "you cannot do that on a shared workbook"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 08:33:01 -0700, Curt > wrote:

>For some reason, the copy tab function is not working for me. I can move
>Tabs, but when I highlight the tab(s) and select "copy", nothing happens.
>
>Suggestions?
>
>Thanks!

Lookup Function not working hcamelion Excel Worksheet Functions 3 August 5th 06 07:25 AM
How do I copy a function with a called cell constant? MitchCarter1957 Excel Worksheet Functions 1 September 6th 05 05:26 PM
Excel option to store trendline's coefficients in cells for use Miguel Saldana Charts and Charting in Excel 9 June 20th 05 08:45 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Copy GetPivotData Function Elaine Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 12th 05 04:10 PM