Why does the blank cells blink black and white on my excel spread.

Old February 2nd 05, 03:31 PM
sfulkrod

Default Why does the blank cells blink black and white on my excel spread.

When I am in any spreadsheet in Excel the blank cells blink black and white.

Old February 3rd 05, 12:05 AM

Excel on its own doesn't support blinking cells.

If everything is ok with your video display/driver, then maybe the developer of
the workbook thought that blinking cells would be useful.

Try closing excel.
then start it in safe mode.
windows start button|run
excel /safe

file|open (your workbook)

Do the cells still blink?

If yes, I have no idea.

If no, talk to the developer and ask him/her why and how to change it.

Old February 3rd 05, 01:07 AM
Gord Dibben

Do you have any VBA code in an add-in or your Personal.xls workbook?

Go to Tools>Add-ins and uncheck all add-ins.

Close Excel then re-open. Blinking or not?

Open Excel in Safe mode to stop all code action and files opening from XLSTART
or Alternate startup location.

Start>Run "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\excel.exe" /s

With any workbook open, blinking or not?

If not blinking, you have some code somewhere that is causing the blinking.

If still blinking?.......hang around, maybe someone else can help.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 06:31:01 -0800, "sfulkrod"