set printer to 3 hole punch in excel

Old September 17th 06, 09:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Liberty

Default set printer to 3 hole punch in excel

Can I set the print instructions in an excel file to have the printer 3 hole
punch the job?
Old September 17th 06, 09:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
James Silverton

Hello, Liberty!
You wrote on Sun, 17 Sep 2006 13:09:01 -0700:

L> Can I set the print instructions in an excel file to have
L> the printer 3 hole punch the job?

Do you have printer that punches hole? I've never seen one :-)
However, probably all you want is to set the left margin to a
value that allows punching: File> Page Setup> Margins.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Old September 17th 06, 09:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLGWhiz

That would be covered under your printer interface, not Excel.

Old September 17th 06, 09:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Ogilvy

do you see an option to do that in the properties of the print dialog. It
would have to be a custom option offered by that printer driver.

Tom Ogilvy

Old September 17th 06, 11:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave

I think the OP is talking about the gutter position option(s) as found in
Word. Not sure they're available in Excel
Dave

Old September 18th 06, 12:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Ogilvy

I thought gutter position was the separtion between columns in a multicolumn
page. I am not sure how that relates to 3 hole punch which would put holes
in the paper. An no, there are no gutter position options in Excel.

Tom Ogilvy

Old September 18th 06, 02:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLGWhiz

The way the question was phrased indicated that the OP wanted the holes
punched. I know that there are printers that will collate and staple, but
the hole drilling was always done on a separate machine in the arena I worked
in, which was aerospace. There might be one out there somewhere that can
drill the holes, but that would be controlled by the printer system, not
Excel.

Old September 18th 06, 09:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave

Be careful - remember what happened to the printer/stapler/puncher? in the
movie "9 to 5"

Dave