A Microsoft Excel forum. ExcelBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » ExcelBanter forum » Excel Newsgroups » Excel Worksheet Functions
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Accounting Style Number Button



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old February 1st 05, 04:57 AM
Sabine
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Accounting Style Number Button

I use the accounting style under format - cell a lot. Can I add a button on
my toolbar for that?
Thanks
Ads
  #2  
Old February 1st 05, 02:35 PM
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

hi,
Tools>customize
when the customize box appears, click the commands tab.
on the left under catagories, click format
on the right, under commands, scroll down to the dollar
sign($).
drag the dollar sign to your tool bar, any where you want
it.
close the customize box
done.

>-----Original Message-----
>I use the accounting style under format - cell a lot. Can

I add a button on
>my toolbar for that?
>Thanks
>.
>

  #3  
Old February 1st 05, 11:59 PM
Gord Dibben
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Unfortunately that is Currency style..........not Accounting style.

The closest you can come without code is Tools>Customize>Commands>Format.

Drag the Style selection box(not Style...) to your Toolbar.

When you click on it pick Accounting from the drop-down.

You could code Accounting format and assign to a button.

Sub Account()
Selection.Style = "Acct1"
End Sub

Make sure you have the Style you wish as Acct1.

Format>Style>. Type Acct1 in the dialog box and "Add". "Modify" to what you
want.

Save this style as Acct1.


Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 05:35:34 -0800, >
wrote:

>hi,
>Tools>customize
>when the customize box appears, click the commands tab.
>on the left under catagories, click format
>on the right, under commands, scroll down to the dollar
>sign($).
>drag the dollar sign to your tool bar, any where you want
>it.
>close the customize box
>done.
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>I use the accounting style under format - cell a lot. Can

>I add a button on
>>my toolbar for that?
>>Thanks
>>.
>>


  #4  
Old February 2nd 05, 06:25 PM
Sabine
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks alot. It works great.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Unfortunately that is Currency style..........not Accounting style.
>
> The closest you can come without code is Tools>Customize>Commands>Format.
>
> Drag the Style selection box(not Style...) to your Toolbar.
>
> When you click on it pick Accounting from the drop-down.
>
> You could code Accounting format and assign to a button.
>
> Sub Account()
> Selection.Style = "Acct1"
> End Sub
>
> Make sure you have the Style you wish as Acct1.
>
> Format>Style>. Type Acct1 in the dialog box and "Add". "Modify" to what you
> want.
>
> Save this style as Acct1.
>
>
> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 05:35:34 -0800, >
> wrote:
>
> >hi,
> >Tools>customize
> >when the customize box appears, click the commands tab.
> >on the left under catagories, click format
> >on the right, under commands, scroll down to the dollar
> >sign($).
> >drag the dollar sign to your tool bar, any where you want
> >it.
> >close the customize box
> >done.
> >
> >>-----Original Message-----
> >>I use the accounting style under format - cell a lot. Can

> >I add a button on
> >>my toolbar for that?
> >>Thanks
> >>.
> >>

>
>

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Macro to simply bring up the Find dialogue box?? marika1981 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 14 January 14th 05 11:47 PM
Random Number Questions Greegan Excel Worksheet Functions 1 January 5th 05 03:00 AM
How to format a number in Indian style in Excel? Victor_alb Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 December 21st 04 05:21 AM
Seed numbers for random number generation, uniform distribution darebo Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 December 6th 04 06:01 PM
GET.CELL Biff Excel Worksheet Functions 2 November 24th 04 08:16 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2014 ExcelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.