I want random numbers generated without repeating numbers

Old September 7th 06, 03:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Johncobb

Default I want random numbers generated without repeating numbers

In my worksheet in column CC in C1:C20 I want Excel to ganerate 20 random
numbers between 1 and 80 without repeating the same numbers.
At present I have the following formula entered and it works, but after I
click F9 some repeated numbers are generated.

=INT(RAND()*(80-1)+1)

How can I change the formula or replace it?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Ragards to all supporters.
John.

Old September 7th 06, 04:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Umlas

put the #s 1-80 in a column (D180) and put =RAND() next to it. Sort D1:E80
by column E. The top 20 values in D (D120) are what you want.

Old September 7th 06, 04:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Couple of methods of creating lists of non-repeating random numbers at John
McGimpsey's site.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/randint.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP