How do I change default printer settings

Old September 2nd 06, 11:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Vanessa

Default How do I change default printer settings

In Word, when you change the margins, psge layout, et cetera, you can click a
default botton at the bottom of the screen to save those changes. How/Where
can you do that in Excel
Old September 3rd 06, 12:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Create a new workbook and save it as book.xlt (a real template file) in your
XLStart folder. Change all the settings you want for each of the worksheets you
want.

Then excel will use that when you create a new workbook by clicking on the new
icon on the standard toolbar.

This doesn't change any page settings for any existing workbook.

You can also create a template file named sheet.xlt with the same kind of
settings. Store this in your XLStart folder, too.

Then any new worksheet added to an existing workbook will inherit these
settings.

Old September 3rd 06, 12:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Gord Dibben

Vanessa

Excel needs a little more help from you to do this.

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. File>Save
As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook
"BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for File>New or the Toolbar button File>New

Do not use File>New...Blank Workbook or you will get the Excel default workbook.

Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default Insert>Sheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 2 Sep 2006 15:43:01 -0700, Vanessa >
wrote:

>In Word, when you change the margins, psge layout, et cetera, you can click a
>default botton at the bottom of the screen to save those changes. How/Where
>can you do that in Excel

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP