How do I get excel to leave a zero in front of a number?

Old August 30th 06, 02:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
elmo

Default How do I get excel to leave a zero in front of a number?

I am trying to list bus numbers for my students and excel won't let me type
0176. It keeps taking away the zero and leaving 176. I even tried putting a
decimal point in front and then it added a zero 0.0176.
Old August 30th 06, 02:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Muhammed Rafeek M

type this way:

'0176

add ' in front of numeric value, then those numeric value will convert to
text format

do rate pls

Old August 30th 06, 02:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme

Custom format 0000
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

Old August 30th 06, 03:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Allllen

Before you type in the number, format the cells as text.

Format > Cells > Text

Then type the number in.

--
Allllen