How to delete Excel 2007 file from list under Recent Documents

Old August 28th 06, 02:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GPS

Default How to delete Excel 2007 file from list under Recent Documents

I deleted all old files from my documents folder but all still shows up at
Recent Documents when opening Excel. Any Ideas?
Old August 28th 06, 02:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brad

GPS wrote:
> I deleted all old files from my documents folder but all still shows up at
> Recent Documents when opening Excel. Any Ideas?

Recent documents is just a folder. You can remove the links by openning
up the recent files folder and deleting the links.

To clear the My Recent Documents list, follow these steps:
1. Right-click Start, and then click Properties. Or, if the Start menu
is already displayed, right-click an empty area of the Start menu, and
then click Properties.
2. Click Customize.
3. Click the Advanced tab.
4. Under Recent documents, click Clear List, click OK, and then click
OK. Your most recently used documents are removed from the My Recent
Documents folder. Note that this action does not delete the documents
from your hard disk.

Brad
http://www.pcast.com
Old August 28th 06, 01:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech

Excel 2007's MRU list is kept in the registry he

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\E xcel\File MRU

You can easily delete them all but picking among them is tedious (with
REGEDIT). Someone should write a script to do that!

--
Jim

Old August 28th 06, 09:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GPS

Thanks Jim,

Very Good!

Old November 14th 09, 02:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Patty Jones

Office Button>Advanced>Display>Show this number of Recent Documents>
Set to 0 (zero)

Works everytime.