identify nested parentheses

Old August 26th 06, 09:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
HowEZ

Default identify nested parentheses

When creating nested formulas, it is not easy to identify paired parentheses
(i.e., you have to count the number of parentheses on each side to see if you
have an error in the placement of the parentheses, which can change the
formula's result). I believe that, by adding a unique identifier to each
pair, the formula would be much easier to evaluate.

An example of this is to break each parenthesis in the center and place a
small (font size 5 or 6) number in the center of each parenthesis line. This
would allow for much faster editing of an equation by making it easier to
identify matched parentheses.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions
Old August 26th 06, 09:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ian

If you click on the formula in the formula bar, it will highlight the
differing parentheses and the references in the sheet by colour.

--
Ian