how to select cells behind picture

Old August 25th 06, 03:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brian

Default how to select cells behind picture

I am trying to put an electrical schematic into excel so that I can sum the
currents on different branches of the circuit. I have the schematic as a jpeg
that I can insert into the sheet. I need to be able to size the picture and
move it so that it lines up with the cells, this I have achieved. however, I
need some way of locking the picture so that it is effectively in the
background, but is attached to the cells so that it changes size on zooming
in and out, can be printed, etc.
Thanks for any advice?

Old August 25th 06, 04:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

rightclick on the picture
Format picture|properties|move and size with cells

And to select the cells behind the picture. I select a cell close to the
picture, then use the arrow keys to change the selection. (And I watch the
namebox (to the left of the formula bar) to know what cell I'm in.)