Adding up number of yes, no, maybes in a column

Old August 24th 06, 05:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JRD

Default Adding up number of yes, no, maybes in a column

Is there a quick and easy way to do add up the number of times a text string
is entered in a column?

For example:

Column A:
Yes
Yes
Maybe
Maybe
No
Yes
No
No
No
Yes

How can I get excel to tell me how many "Yes", "Maybe" and "No" there are in
column A?

This would save me a lot of time!

Old August 24th 06, 05:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Try this:

=COUNTIF(A1:A100,"Yes")

Is that something you can work with?
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

Old August 24th 06, 05:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JRD

Perfect, many thanks!!