how do I combine two pivot table?

Old August 22nd 06, 10:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lisa

Default how do I combine two pivot table?

Hi, I have two database with the same column but different rows. Both
database contains $ amount for 12 months for different products. I want to
build one pivot table which compares the $ variance of the same product
category for 12 months. How do I do that?

I can build two pivot tables and copy the value of both pivot tables and do
a formula, but that's not what I want. I want to be able to navigate the
pivot table and compare different product category levels.

Thanks,
Old August 22nd 06, 10:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David

I think you will have to make one table and classify the data by date to do
this comparison in a single table. You might be able to copy and paste
special value, then do vlookups across the results?
--
David