copy numbers from numbers+text cell

Old August 11th 06, 01:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Henk

Default copy numbers from numbers+text cell

How do I copy only the numbers from a cell with numbers and text and symbols
to a new cell?
Old August 11th 06, 02:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK

Perhaps if you could post a few examples of what you have, someone
might be able to suggest a way to split the numbers out.

Pete

Old August 11th 06, 02:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Henk

Ok

I have this

Check #275884

I need only 275884, how do I do so.

Thanks

Henk

Old August 11th 06, 02:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
starguy

if you have data in cell A1 then put in B1

=MID(A1,FIND("#",A1)+1,100)

--
starguy
starguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32434