how do I count the number of gray-shaded cells within a range?

Old August 10th 06, 09:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do I count the number of gray-shaded cells within a range?

I want to use the format of the cell (font color, shading color, etc.) as a
criterium in a countif formula. How do I do it? what's the syntax for that.
thanks.
Old August 10th 06, 10:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

Old August 10th 06, 10:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary

I tried what is mentioned on this site but its giving me a #NAME error.

Old August 10th 06, 11:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

Try this one:

http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

Old August 10th 06, 11:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

and don't forget to copy the supplied UDF into your workbook!

--
HTH

Bob Phillips