Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default why won't my typing in a cell show up?????????

I click on the cell, start typing and nothing types on the form I am trying
to fill out. Is there something I need to do, either turn on or off, do or
undo? I am new to this and feel really stupid but the typing does not show up.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try

edit
clear...
formats

that could help.

--
mr_ben
mr_ben's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37106

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is this a form you created? If not, check with the author and see if the
cells you are trying to type in are protected. To unprotect a sheet, go
to ToolsProtectionUnprotect. If they used a password, you will need
to get that from them. If not, it will unprotect when you click on
"Unprotect."

--
Slave2Six
Slave2Six's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36904

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It might be something simple like the font colour and pattern colour for
the cell being set to the same colour?

--
mrice

Research Scientist with many years of spreadsheet development experience
mrice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10931
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=569040