Continuous Refresh

Old July 29th 06, 01:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Huber57

Default Continuous Refresh

I would like to continuously refresh a spreadsheet (as if I was holding down
the F9 key). Can anyone help?

Doug
Old July 29th 06, 11:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
raypayette

Usually clicking Tools, Options, Calculations, Automatic recalculates
whe workbook every time a change is made. Do you need something else?

--
raypayette

raypayette's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29569
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=566221

Old July 29th 06, 03:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Huber57

Ray,

I would like it to refresh constantly. I am trying to build a "countdown
clock" so that is shows me the date and time of an event and then the days,
hours, minutes and seconds until that event happens.

For example:

A1: August 15, 2006 9:00 AM
A2: =(A1-NOW())*24 ---- this would show me hours remaining
A3: =A2*60 --------- this would show me minutes remaining
etc, etc.

When it refreshes constantly, it will show me a countdown.

Doug

Old July 29th 06, 11:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
raypayette

C Pearson designed an analog clock that ticks every second at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm

Old July 30th 06, 03:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Desert Piranha

raypayette Wrote:
> Usually clicking Tools, Options, Calculations, Automatic recalculates
> whe workbook every time a change is made. Do you need something else?Hi raypayette,

Here is some clock stuff, you may find something to help.

http://www.andypope.info/fun/clocks.htm

http://xcelfiles.homestead.com/VBA_Clock.html

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/so...ital_clock.htm

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/clockchart.htm

http://kenmzoka.com/20001010CountdownClock.xls

--
Desert Piranha

Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28934
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=566221

Old July 31st 06, 03:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Huber57

Ray and Desert Piranha,

Thanks for the links. But, those clock tools don't help me with refreshing
the page. Is there a short piece of VBA code I can write to constantly
refresh the calcs?

Doug

Old July 31st 06, 03:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Desert Piranha

Huber57 Wrote:
> Ray and Desert Piranha,
>
> Thanks for the links. But, those clock tools don't help me with
> refreshing
> the page. Is there a short piece of VBA code I can write to
> constantly
> refresh the calcs?
>
> DougHi Huber57,

Maybe you could use something like this in a loop.

Application.Calculate
or
ActiveSheet.Calculate

Old July 31st 06, 10:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
raypayette

Perhaps this reference to volatile UDF's is what you need?
http://blogs.officezealot.com/whitec...1/29/4005.aspx

Old July 31st 06, 08:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Huber57

Mr. Piranha,

Can you help me with a continuous loop VBA script? I don't know how any of
that stuff works.

Doug

Old July 31st 06, 08:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
raypayette

If you don't know how a continuous loop works, you should study this and
obtain general programming knowledge before asking help from this forum!