Copy & Paste value Function

Old July 27th 06, 06:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dinesh

Default Copy & Paste value Function

When Copy and Paste Value, I get numbers in 6 to 7 numbers from decimal
points. Meaning it will post the value for example xx.xxxxxx. Is there a way
that I can paste the value by two decimal points only. Again for example
xx.xx instead of xx.xxxxxx.

Thanks in advance for the solution.

DS
Old July 27th 06, 07:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ken Wright

Paste Values does exactly what it says on the tin and only pastes values.
This means that your data will take on whatever format the cell has, so if
it hasn't been formatted as anything before it will default to general and
you will get a load of decimals as you are seeing.

I'm guessing that what you really want to do is simply do it twice, paste as
normal which will likely give you garbage data but the correct formats, and
then do paste special as values and you get the best of both worlds.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

Old July 27th 06, 07:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dinesh

Hi don, After formatting, visibly there are only two decimals, but when you
click on the cell, it has more than two decimals. How do I truncate the more
than two deicmal points?

Old July 27th 06, 07:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

You can use precision as displayed under tools>options>calculation

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com

Old July 27th 06, 08:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dinesh

Thanks, Peo works very well.