How do I perform a global change within/across Excel workbooks?

Old July 25th 06, 04:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
wilytdbear

Default How do I perform a global change within/across Excel workbooks?

We are attempting to use MS Excel 2000 as a desktop publishing program. I am
the new tech writer assigned to make this thing work and am having problems
with pagination, global changes when revisions are made (revision number on
the bottom of each page, for example) and size of some files (we are
importing hi-resolution photos from Adobe Illustrator into boxes placed on an
Excel template sheet). Is there an object-linking (OLE) tool in this version
of Excel or newer versions so I can reduce file size? Finally, is there a
better Office product on which to perform these miracles? I know traditional
desktop publishing software (like FramMaker, Quark, Ventura) are preferable
but that would be a hard sell in this environment. Thanks for any help you
can provide!! -Lon Schwartz
Old July 25th 06, 04:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gilles Desjardins

You can do desktop publishing with Word.

Old July 25th 06, 05:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheila D

Try PowerPoint or Word if you are restricted to the Office suite, or
Publisher if you have that would be even better. Can't imagine using Excel as
a DTP package I must say!

HTH - Sheila
www.c-i-m-s.com