Copying comments from one cell to another, in a different spreadsheet

Old July 24th 06, 06:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
=!CmOrE!=

Default Copying comments from one cell to another, in a different spreadsheet

Hello Friends,

I would like to be able to write a comment in a cell, then have that
comment appear in another cell on a different spreadsheet within the
same workbook, though. Or within the same spreadsheet.

Is there a formula or some sort of formatting to allow for the type of
function?

Thanks in advance!!

Old July 24th 06, 07:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Die_Another_Day

I'm not sure if it can be done without code. Insert this in a new
module in "Personal.xls" in the VBA editor. Let me know if you need
further explanation or if you want to tie it directly to your workbook.

Function Comments(iRange As Range) As String
If iRange.Comment Is Nothing Then
Comments = "NA"
Else
Comments = iRange.Comment.Text
End If
End Function

then in your spreadsheet type
=Comments(A1)

HTH

Die_Another_Day

Old July 24th 06, 08:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sasa Stankovic

you can use "copy" on cell with comment and "Edit"-"Paste Special"-"Comment"
on cell which should receive comment.

oups.com...

Old July 24th 06, 09:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
=!CmOrE!=

Couldn't do it. Can you explain further.

Thank you

Old July 25th 06, 01:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Die_Another_Day

To make the code stay with your workbook.
Open the workbook.
Press Alt+F11
Click the Insert menu
Click Module
Copy the following code into the page that opens

Function Comments(iRange As Range) As String
If iRange.Comment Is Nothing Then
Comments = "NA"
Else
Comments = iRange.Comment.Text