Welcome to ExcelBanter

Old January 24th 05, 06:57 PM
kevin kevin is offline
Administrator

Arrow Welcome to ExcelBanter

Folks -

You are reading this probably because you are considering participating in these Excel related newsgroups. These are the finest Microsoft Excel discussions on the internet, with many contributors who have the widest experience imaginable.

This forum is a web gateway to this collection of newsgroups. ExcelBanter.com mirrors these discussions and allows you to participate through a high quality web forum.

Many people choose to access these groups through a newsreader (e.g. Outlook Express). I make no distinction about the merits of each way of accessing these newsgroups, ExcelBanter.com merely offers an alternative to a newsreader.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with newsgroups or Usenet, the best description I've seen is at

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/what-is/part1 and http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/what-is/part2

No one "owns" Usenet and the groups that are gatewayed into ExcelBanter.com are mostly unmoderated. The feed that we provide is a service and is just a gateway into another discussion area. You're liable to see flaming, bad language, bad behaviour and a whole bunch of really objectionable stuff if you look hard enough.

But, as you continue to look, you'll see some real gems of information and some *very* knowledgeable folks.

Once again, ExcelBanter.com doesn't own Usenet, has no control over its content and the feeds are provided without any interference (or moderation) from the folks on ExcelBanter.com.

Usenet can be harsh at times - but this newsgroup community as a whole has unparrelled knowledge and can be amazingly helpful.

To participate in the discussions through ExcelBanter.com, you will need to register. Registration is quick and free.

I strongly recommend before posting for the first time to read through previous posts in the forum to get a feel for the style of that group. If there is a FAQ, please read it. These are normally the first thread in the forum marked as 'sticky'. Also use the search function to check if your question has been asked before.

Please note, when posting from this website you are not only posting to this website forum, but to the newsgroup. Your message will be propagated to many hundreds / thousands of servers and will end up in other newsgroup archives such as this (E.g. http://groups.google.com).

To sum things up, I really hope you enjoy participating in these newsgroups , but read at your own risk.
Old July 1st 06, 10:10 AM
kevin kevin is offline
Administrator

Just a quick note to say the forum software has been upgraded today. This allow the forum to work faster, but I changed the colour scheme at the same time.

I hope you like it
Old August 4th 06, 02:47 PM
robert baker robert baker is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin
Just a quick note to say the forum software has been upgraded today. This allow the forum to work faster, but I changed the colour scheme at the same time.

I hope you like it
I just installed a new Network Printer and things work fine from PC'S with WINXP. However those with WINNT are are unable to print while using Excel. The new printer is not on the list of available printer. The same user are able to print from Word and other applications.
Any Suggestions

thanks
bob
Old December 12th 06, 08:13 PM
driller2 driller2 is offline
Junior Member

Cool

Hi Mr. Kevin / Administrator /Excel Banter

I just registered here but got problem in pre-viewing/submitting a reply post with an operand "greater than " and "less than ".
Can you please help me with this.

driller2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin

Old June 5th 13, 12:46 PM
PeterD11 PeterD11 is offline
Junior Member

How do you start a new post? I have an Excel question about Data Validation and can not find how to post it!
Thanks,
PeterD11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post