Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
DEE DEE is offline

Default why is slash in my date (10/18/07) the / are change to \?

All of a sudden my dates are change the slash direction.... Why? And how do
I fix this?????
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

It may have gotten reset by the Control Panel's Regional Settings control.
Too see what Excel is using by default, press ALT F11 to open the VBA
editor, press CTRL G to display the Immediate window, and type the following
and press ENTER.

?Application.International(xlDateSeparator)

This will display the character (typically '/' in US-English) that Excel
uses to separate date elements. If it is not the same, close Excel, go to
the Window Start menu, choose Control Panel, and select "Regional Settings"
or "International Settings" or some such thing (its name varies between
versions of Windows). In that dialog, ensure the proper date separator is
selected.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Dee" wrote in message
All of a sudden my dates are change the slash direction.... Why? And how
do
I fix this?????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
DEE DEE is offline

You gave me this advise before, it did not work, both of these results showed
/ the correct direction. You sent me further instructions but I did not
understand them. HELP

"Dee" wrote:

All of a sudden my dates are change the slash direction.... Why? And how do
I fix this?????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
DEE DEE is offline

Mr. Peterson I have also tried to email you on the web site but it rejects my
request.

"Dee" wrote:

All of a sudden my dates are change the slash direction.... Why? And how do
I fix this?????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Please restate what you tried and what failed.

For me, your message is a standalone message. I don't see any of the previous
posts.

ps. Please keep the discussion in the newsgroup. You'll have many more
potential responders.

"Dee" wrote:

All of a sudden my dates are change the slash direction.... Why? And how do
I fix this?????

--

Dave Peterson